If you want to learn more about one of the most prestigious wine making traditions in the world stick around. This week the Ideal Wine Company reveals five must-know facts about Rhone wine.
You Have to Try a Rhone at Some Point in Your Life
Because we’re dedicated to providing you with fine wines from around the world here at the Ideal Wine Company, we had to include vintages from the French region of Rhone on our product list.
It may not be Champagne or Bordeaux, but the South-French region of Rhone has a robust wine-making tradition that goes back as far as before the time of Christ. The region is known for its stellar medium bodied reds which every wine enthusiast needs to take the time to try at some point in their lives.
Five Things You May be Interested to Learn about Rhone Wine Making
Introduce yourself to this proud wine making tradition right now. Check out the following five fascinating facts about Rhone wine…
1) Its Production Began a Really Long Time Ago: No one knows exactly when viticulture was first introduced to this famously hot French region, but we do know it was a really long time ago. Experts suggest that wine making first came to the Rhone as far back as the 3rd or 4th Century B.C.
2) Its Reds are Out of This World: You can find a decent white from the Rhone but the region is most known for the quality of the reds produced in its vineyards. Grenache, Syrah, and Mourvèdre are the most common red grapes grown in the Southern French region.
3) It’s Really Popular: Statistics show that 400 million bottles of Rhone Valley AOC vintages were sold in 159 countries around the world in 2012-2013 alone. Considering the fact that someone on this plant enjoys a bottle of Rhone every 13 seconds, it must be pretty popular!
4) It’s Really Loved by the Americans: As if you needed any more evidence to suggest that our cousins across the pond love a little Vino! The States is the number one export market for Rhone Valley AOC wines, spending a colossal 85.7 million euros on the tipple!
5) It’s Got a Lot of Flavour: Wines from the Rhone are known for their complex array of dazzling flavours that make each sip as compelling as a glass of the finest Bordeaux. Common flavours include dark fruit, herbs, coffee, and earth.
Buy the Hermitage La Chapelle 1985
In other words you get quality, complexity and a rich wine drinking experience when you buy a luxury vintage from the outstanding French wine making region of Rhone. Try one out for yourself and buy a bottle of Hermitage La Chapelle 1985, a classic Rhone vintage, from the Ideal Wine Company today.